With the country moving to national alert level 3, the City has reopened doors of some of its public amenities, however, with strong adherence to Covid-19 protocols.
The pubic is now free to use the following amenities:
LIBRARIES AND HERITAGE SITES
Most Municipal libraries and museums have re-opened to the public and offer limited services based on the approved standard operating procedures.
Cyber zone – patrons only allowed for 30 minutes.
Study hall – patrons allowed to study for maximum of two hours.
There is a limited number of patrons per site depending on the size of the site.
No issuing of newspapers and audio-visuals.
Unfortunately, the following libraries are closed due to the facilities being vandalised during the recent civil unrest. Patrons can return books to their nearest libraries if the library in their community is not open. The return date for books has been extended until 31 July.
• Reservoir Hills Library is permanently closed as it was burnt down. The closest libraries are in Westville North and Westville Central.
• KwaMashu Library- The closest libraries are Besters Library and libraries in Newlands and Inanda.
• KwaDabeka Library- The closest libraries are in Wyebank, Clermont, Pinetown and New Germany.
• Dassenhoek Library- The closest libraries are in Motala Heights, Klaarwater and St Wendolines.
• Ntuzuma Library- The closest libraries are in Newlands, Besters and Inanda.
• Montlands Library- The closest libraries are in Lamontville, Merebank, Austerville and Grosvenor.
• UMlazi AA Library- The closest libraries are in uMlazi W and Isiphingo Civic.
All swimming pools remain closed until further notice.
The public is advised that Covid-19 protocols such as social distancing, wearing of masks and sanitisation must be adhered to when accessing these facilities.