Welcome to the first edition of THE / VIBE – available as a flip book here.
You are part of another defining moment in the journey of this unique place, so grab this opportunity and read the launch issue of Florida Rd’s quarterly publication.
Developed by the Florida Rd Place-Making Committee and Urban Improvement Precinct (UIP), with input and guidance from the eThekwini Municipalities Transport Authority (ETA) and Economic Development Unit (EDU), this is a space dedicated to serving the dynamic Florida Rd community, a place to share the news and views of the Roads’ food, culture, work, family, design and party happenings, a space to keep in touch about this rapidly evolving place.
So, let’s share…and focus because this is the whirlwind summary!
We start with hard-core strategy, summing up the Florida Rd brand DNA and urban development programs and sharing some of the key points from this discovery. Some of the influential voices on the road give us their insight into the future of the place, and then we reveal the new Florida Rd visual identity before telling you where to next and explaining how you can get involved.
Essentially THE / VIBE is here to re-ignite the fire in those that may have left the road, while delivering on promises made to the die-hards for their commitment to keeping this place relevant and uniquely Durban.
Live THE / VIBE and Win
Florida Rd is giving away 5 x Florida Rd hampers as a reward for living THE / VIBE.
The prize hampers have been made possible through the generosity of the following establishments: Butcher Boys; Durban Brewing Company; Fish on Florida; Holdens Kwikspar; House of Curries; KFC; Love Coffee; Mark Gold Jewelers / Coffee Shop; Next Chapter; Roti and Chai; Spiga d’Oro; The Benjamin Hotel; Vacca Matta
Prize winners will be announced on social media – so make sure you follow Florida Rd.
Competition Ts & Cs
- Only comments with #floridardvibe will be eligible to win.
- All eligible comments will be placed in a magic hat, with 5 lucky commentators pulled out at random.
- Competition closes 31st August
- There will be one winner per hamper with 5 x hampers up for grabs
- Prize winners will be announced by 2pm on Friday 1st September.
- All prize winners will be announced on social media
- Winners will be contacted personally via social media messaging
- Prizes must be collected in person from Florida Rd
- Prize winners must be prepared to have their photograph taken when receiving their prize and must agree to it being used for marketing purposes on all media forms (including social media)
- Prizes are generously donated and may not be exchanged or “cashed in”
- Not all the hampers are the same but are made up of a combination of giveaways.
- Rules of the establishment apply to prizes redeemable there.
- All prize winners are final