The Florida Rd UIP would like to congratulate and thank Colonel M.N. Radebe, Station Commander of SAPS Berea for his outstanding work conducted on the morning of Thursday the 5th of December, which lead to the arrest of four suspects. Whilst driving along Currie Rd, Colonel Radebe spotted an individual breaking into a vehicle parked on the pavement. In addition, three accomplices were sitting in a nearby vehicle. Colonel Radebe approached the suspects who then attempted to flee. A warning shot was fired and all four suspects surrendered themselves to the Colonel. Shortly after, patrolling SAPS members stopped to assist in searching and detaining the suspects. A substantial amount of car breaking implements along with a police radio were discovered. Very well done to Colonel Radebe and SAPS Berea.
- Successful GOBY environmental initiative demonstrates increased plastic recycling awareness…. but where does the plastic go?
- Body worn cameras – how do they fit into and enhance our public space security?
- Notice regarding renewal of drivers licence
- Gordon Road park benches receive a fresh coat of paint
- FRUIP and DSW tackle illegal dumping on Florida Road
Areas of Interest
- Cleaning / Greening / Maintenance and Environment
- Community and Development
- eThekwini Municipality, City of Durban
- Events and Family Fun
- Florida Road
- Florida Road UIP, Urban Improvement Precinct and UIP At Work
- Food on Florida
- Gordon Rd Park
- News and Updates
- Place-Making and Marketing
- Safety / Security/ Policing and Operations
- Urban Management